Friday, August 13, 2010

Soppy With A Side Of Cheese...

If love makes you sick....dont read on.


I had it stuck in my head, so I thought Id blurt it out all over this blog. Im sure my significant other knows all about how I feel for him.


You know, this one is a hard one to get into for me, I know it all in my head and when I go to project it-its damn near impossible! Maybe because Im wanting it to be perfect, but theres no such thing as perfect! Ill chuck a Seth McFarlane and go-wow this is as awkward as...and proceed with something hilarious to relate to. Wait, Ive got one, go to Track 8 on the album 'The Greatest Hit' by the Funkoars-theres an awkward line there.


I suppose I could start from the beginning. Some of the most memorable moments of when I first met my one, was when we used to eye each other off at the Bowling Club, not knowing hardly a thing about each other-but I felt something about him that I just wanted to know more about him.
There were times where we had contact with each other and we both knew where it could head between us, but I was scared because I was only months out of a destructive relationship.


I remember poker nights at a friends house, crowded around a table with a few people, he and I would find a way to sit next to each other and making everyone else in the room sick with our really obvious flirting, it lasted for ages. When the nights were over, he always walked me home. Balmy nights along Carcoar Street we would walk, talking about random things and making me so nervous I could have threw up. His laugh made me smile so much I had sore cheeks. The hardest thing was knowing that we were both dying to take it further, but he knew how scarred I was and waited for me, night after night.


One night,  he walked me home, we stood in my parents driveway. We talked for a bit, the air was humid and the sky was clear. It got quiet and we thought it was time to head home to bed. We went to hug each other goodbye and that was really the first time I could hardly control myself, I didnt want to let go. I felt his cheek brush my ear, I looked at his lips (you all know that moment before you are actually locking lips), and we started to kiss. I felt my hands shaking and tried to concentrate on them to stop but then I just got lost and fell into his spell. 
We stopped and I stuttered goodnight, as did he, both kept smiling and I started walking towards my front door, he watched me. I kept giggling all the way to the door then as I opened it, my phone frightened the hell out of me with a message....it was a =), and that was it-the sender was him. I climbed into bed and we messaged each other for hours after that, hardly slept that night wondering when I was going to see him again.


From there on in, things were very slow, but exciting and completely new. I remember a friend of ours had seen us flirting one night on the poker table-he yelled out in front of the whole room "F***! Just get a room already!!" We were mortified realising how obvious we were. He got distracted that night by phone calls from  somebody so that made me want him more when he wasnt there.


I remember nights sitting in his car under streetlights listening to hip hop-showing me a world I had never seen before. He always finds a way to make me laugh and know how much he thinks of me. I started to learn his past and he learned of mine. I was terrified once he heard every last detail of mine he would run scared, but he seen past all that to the person I became after all my troubles. Nothing made me scared anymore once I seen a person like him exist. 


We have shared so many magical moments together-falling for each other, spending nights (when we should be sleeping to get up for work) texting, playing ridiculous games nobody else gets, sharing each others passion for music and writing...oh and shoes, stirring each other up then making fun of the funny voices he makes when he gets defensive, spending time with each others awesome families, locking eyes across the room and knowing exactly what we are thinking, finding out I was pregnant, laughing at all the gross details of pregnancy, living together, looking at him sleep (especially on the way to Westmead Hospital in an ambulance), telling him we were having a daughter, crying our eyes out when we were separated for even just one night, late night drives, playing Super Mario and almost killing each other because we get in each others road, watching the same TV shows and movies and getting all the jokes and the stories, having the same sense of humour, cutting his hair while he gets angry at me doing it wrong (laughing the whole time), loving anime, playing any game and getting way too competitive, getting so drunk we could hardly walk home (and me making an idiot out of myself...front path of Bowling Club would probably ring his bell..hehehe), going to a zoo and watching him get bitten by a ground koala (without a doubt one of the funniest things I have ever seen) and one of the best-looking at his face when our baby girl was born.
I could go on forever as this is just a few of my favourite ones.


I think of all the trouble I went through to get to all of this, and him, and thank myself so lucky, so so lucky.


I have never met anyone in my life with so much heart, passion and values. 
I would be here forever listing all the good he has done with me.
After how long we have been together, I have cherished every single day I have been with him.
I would do anything to see him smile and not feel any pain.
My family and his family are the most awesome people I have ever known, I love and respect you guys.
I thank him for any good I have ever done and our beautiful daughter.
Ill always be by your side and I always think of you.


Theres a one for everyone, never forget that, I am just lucky to have found mine.


Not Just For Yours Truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment